Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Licensing


As taken from the website:  Creative Commons Licensing for Educators: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Licensing_Portal_for_Educators

Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. Others can download and redistribute your work just like the by-nc-nd license, but they can also translate, make remixes, and produce new stories based on your work. All new work based on yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also be non-commercial in nature. Read the Commons Deed | View Legal Code

I have chosen this licensing as, as a teacher, I have chosen a career in which I share my knowledge daily in the hopes of someone listening, retaining, adapting, and utilizing what it is that I have chosen to share.  As an exchange student in Spain many years ago, I learned that in Spain the concept of copyright really does not exist.  If someone has said something the same way you would have done it, then use it and move on.  There is no need to spend the time reinventing it a different way.  To me, that makes perfect sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment